We’ll Keep You Covered
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your move, we can help back you up with a valuation option to protect your belongings. Just ask your relocation consultant about your options.
This is the main reason why we never recommend hiring anyone but insured movers to handle your belongings. You can purchase your own additional insurance for precious items, but insured Boston movers like Stairhopper Movers will also have their own valuation to help protect your belongings.
Transit Protection (Valuation)
Even with the best reputation in the business, sometimes, things happen. But it is our great track record for success and damage-free moving that helps us maintain an excellent relationship with our insurance provider. This is how we keep our valuation options at such reasonable rates. As insured movers, we offer valuation options at your item(s)’ depreciated or total value – the choice is yours. And if you decline our optional coverage, your shipment will still be protected by Stairhopper Movers’ Basic Valuation.
Regardless of which option you choose, any and all claims must be filed with Stairhopper Movers in writing within 15 days of completing the move.
Transit Protection (Valuation) is NON-REFUNDABLE once purchased.
Stairhopper Movers Basic Valuation
Our legal liability as a licensed common carrier in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is a maximum of $0.60 per pound per article.
We are insured movers in Boston, but it is important to note that our basic valuation is not insurance.
Select Item(s) Depreciated Value
Select Item(s) Depreciated Value is based on the cumulative value of the items listed under the “item description” section of the Select Item(s) Depreciated Value Listing.
Stairhopper Movers requires that this form be completed by any customer who wishes to purchase Select Item(s) Depreciated Value. Each item should be listed with enough detail so that it cannot be mistaken for another item. Any item not listed on this sheet or in the “property description” area of the Agreement to Insure (issued on move day) will only be covered by Basic Valuation.
Total Depreciated Value
This value will be determined based on the cumulative depreciated value of the entire shipment on the day of your move.
Northland Insurance’s (our Transit Protection (Valuation) provider) list of Exclusions for Stairhopper Movers Company customers
The following items are not covered by Northland Insurance Company for either Select Item(s) Depreciated Value or Total Depreciated Value.
- Items of extraordinary value not listed on the High Value Inventory Form
- Lamps, lamp shades, artwork, pictures, mirrors, artificial plants, and statues not packed by StairHopper Movers
- Any marble or glass not crated or boxed by StairHopper Movers
- Items found broken in boxes that have not been packed and unpacked by StairHopper Movers
- Mechanical condition of audio/visual or electronic equipment
- Computers and battery operated items in transit or storage
- Missing hardware for items not disassembled by StairHopper Movers
- Gold leaf or plaster frames and chandeliers not crated by StairHopper Movers
- Pressboard or particleboard furniture
- Previously damaged or repaired items
- Previously damaged or loose veneer
- Furniture where original glue has dried out
- Any small, loose items which are not boxed (keys, remote controls, etc.)
- If one item in a set is damaged, only that one item is covered by the insurance, not the entire set
- Plants (live, dried, or artificial)
- Certificate of Insurance