Stairhopper Movers continues to operate normally as we adapt to changing how we work while supporting you. Due to the recent rise in COVID-19 cases, we want to assure you that the Stairhopper Movers team is putting the safety of our Team Members and Customers first by following all the best practices and guidelines for sanitation, cleanliness, and precaution as we continue to be The Moving Company That You Can Depend On.
We want to do our part in minimizing the impact of Covid-19 on the business and communities we serve so here is what we will do. We Are Proactively Implementing the following Procedures Beginning Monday, March, 16th, 2020:
Safety for all:
- Virtual video survey: All prospective customers will be offered an alternative to the traditional on-site pre-move survey. We have updated our technology offerings to include the ability to perform a VIRTUAL VIDEO SURVEY of your home or office. This will minimize face-to-face contact time and still allow our Moving Consultants to provide more accurate move estimates.
- Smaller moves: For smaller moves, we will gather information over the phone/email and provide an hourly price.
- Pre-move team member wellness check: we have posted signs and symptoms of Covid-19 throughout our offices to better inform and provide awareness to our team members. Any team members who feel uncomfortable coming into the office, feel ill or suspects that they may have had contact with an infected person will not come into work and we have an additional staff of standby. All team members upon arriving at our offices will have hand cleaning supplies readily available
- Staggered shift start times: Shift start times will be spaced and staggered for our Team Members to reduce gatherings of multiple Team Members at our offices at the same time. Team Member that arrive for their shift will be encouraged to get their needed move information for the day and head out their designated move.
- Use of masks and examination gloves: move team members will wear masks and 3 mil thick examination gloves while performing moving and/or packing services as an additional hygiene measure and the protection gloves will be discarded after each move.
- Pre-move customer wellness check: out scheduling team will contact customers in advance of the arrival of our move team to inquire if customers feel ill or suspects they have had contact with an infected person, the moving services can be canceled or postponed mitigating risk and ensure the safety of team members and customer.
- Truck & equipment cleaning: all high touch surfaces including door handles and steering wheels will be wiped down after every move.
- Social distancing: upon arrival to our customer’s homes or offices, team members will be practicing the 6’ social distancing between team members and customers. We have always valued the professionalism and respect that came with a good introductory handshake, however under the COVID-19 period, we ask that our customers understand for safety purposes, there will be no handshaking or touching.
- Open doorways and windows when available: in residential move settings when available, we will ask our customers to open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation.
All the above will be effective immediately and remain in place until further notice from the federal or local by which time we will re-assess and make further announcements. We continue to practice WHO (worlds health organization) and Federal guidelines for health and safety to avoid contagion in our community including applying revised office sanitation practices and professional conduct guidelines. If you would like additional information, please contact us at 857-928-0876 or email at [email protected].
The Stairhopper Movers Team